- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Emergency Allotments to End (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Benefits: Answers to many commonly asked questions about the P-EBT food benefits for New York State residents.
- SNAP COVID-19 Information: Information on the Supplemental Emergency Allotment (EA) of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits for households.
- Child Support Services COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to many commonly asked questions for Custodial and Noncustodial Parents, and Employers.
Find Your Regional Food Bank: Locate a food bank in your area.
To participate in the Bath/Hornell Turning Point Emergency Food Pantry Service, please call 315-217-5701 to be added to our regular Food Pantry Services.
You can also access the Assistance Request Form.
As a client of Turning Point, you are eligible for 2 pantry visits a month.
The mission of the Department of Social Services is to improve the quality of life in Steuben County, to help people help themselves, to help those incapable of acting on their own behalf, and to ensure that everyone has a minimum standard of living; and to do so by means of a broad range of ameliorative, protective and preventive social and financial services. The establishment of fair, humane, and sensible policies provides the framework for the delivery of these services by our Department.
County & State Pages
- SNAP: NY State SNAP Page
- NYS OTDA (TA/Cash): NY State OTDA Page
- HEAP: Apply to NY State Program
- Child Support Enforcement: NY State Child Support Online
- NYS OCFS
- Email CSE Steuben County
- NYS Child Support Customer Service Helpline: 888-208-4485
- Toll-Free Child Abuse/Neglect 24-Hour State Hotline: 1-800-342-3720
The Revised Steuben County Biennial Employment Plan is available for the next 30 days for public comment.