When Entering Into New Contract
- Please bring a copy of a tax bill for the parcel you want to put on an installment
- Down payment - minimum 10 %
- Term - can be up to 24 months
During the Installment Contract
Installment Contract Instructions
- All payments are due the last day of the month.
- When making payments:
- return your payment stub
- make check payable to Steuben County Commissioner of Finance
- write the parcel number on the check
- the County will send a receipt for each payment made
- A 5% charge will be added to any payment that is 15 days overdue.
- Your last payment stub shows no amount due… You MUST CALL this office for the final amount due.
- Your contract will be defaulted if:
- Any payment is 30 days overdue
- Any current property tax due is returned to the County by the local collector (Town and County, School, City, or Village) as unpaid
- All new taxes levied during the length of the contract must be paid to the local collector.
|Type of Tax||Local Collection Period|
|Town and County||January 1st to March 31st|
|Central Schools||September 1st to October 31st|
|City School (Corning)||October 1st to March 31st|
|City School (Hornell)||October 1st to March 15th|
|Village (Hammondsport and South Corning)||March 1st to October 31st|
|Village (All Other)||June 1st to October 31st|
|City (Corning)||July 1st to March 31st|
|City (Hornell)||May 1st to March 15th|
- If you have multiple properties under contract: Default on one contract and you default on ALL.
- If you default,
- The installment option (contract) will be cancelled.
- Only full payments will be accepted based on tax year. Most recent year must be paid first.
- You can not do a new contract on any property for three years.